Sunday, December 26, 2010

Epiphanies

Okay, so a dear friend of mine wanted to know epiphanies that people have received lately so here come a few of mine.

#1 You are never too right to apologize. To some, I am quiet, shy, and a little introverted. To those who do know me and have known me in the past, I really am not. I don't like sticking out, no, but I have my opinions and when someone's rubs me the wrong way, I tend to push my opinion onto them and end of making situations worse. So, this brings me to apologies. Making sure I give out apologies freely, makes me feel like and accept the fact that I am not perfect and people, no matter their opinions, deserve to be treated like a person.

#2 It is okay not to have it all together all of the time. This one I know, but I still need help with at times. I am either way too uptight or I throw my hands up and say, "It is too hard, maybe tomorrow." However, I have learned that sometimes dancing with my kids to Radio Disney is a wee bit more important than making sure everything is in perfect order. Oh yes, and crying and blaring the radio sometimes helps.

#3 Patience! EEEEEKKK!--Sometimes, okay, honestly, most of the time I lack this. But looking at the bright side of things at least I know I need it right? I have been told outright in a blessing that I need more of this and I can totally tell this is a huge test in my life. Everything going on right now is testing my patience and really there isn't anything I can do about any of it but wait--expect work my hardest, do my best, not give up, and not get too hard on myself when I do something wrong or lose my patience.

#4 You always have room to love more people in your life. Really, do I need to explain this? Okay, I will, a little. Something I have been praying for, for quite a while has finally happened--yes this tested my patience (please refer to epiphany #3). But I am grateful for the people that I have been able to get to know and come to love.

#5 A Christmas epiphany. My new favorite Christmas song goes as follows (it is referring to baby Jesus): "From the first time that you opened your eyes did you realize you would be by Savior? And from the first breath did you know that you would change this world forever? [...] Today, I celebrate the day, that you were born to die..." So on and so forth. But it made me think of my Savior as a baby and how tiny and precious and lovely and innocent they are and I am celebrating the day He was born, so he could eventually die for me.

Well, I think I will end on that.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your epiphanies! I need more patience too. Thanks Meg for being so awesome! Love and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete